One important process of the invention is prototype manufacturing. Creating a prototype of your idea gives room for creativity and transformation of an abstract into something real and tangible. The three things that can affect the look of the prototype is the idea, goals and your budget. You can create a prototype of anything ranging from simple items to more complex inventions. Prototypes can be used to demonstrate your idea and create room for improvement. After evaluation, you can go ahead to manufacture the final product.
Advantages of prototype manufacturing
- It helps for idea testing and refining. Prototype manufacturing helps to get a physical version of a product theory. This step will enable the engineers to test if the idea can be functional. During this testing, every problem can be identified and fixed so that the final manufacturing will be to produce an improved version of the idea.
- Prototype manufacturing will enable engineers to test how every relevant material to the final product will perform.
- It will also push your idea forward to as many stakeholders that have some interest in the final product.
Process of prototype manufacturing
1. Decide on the material which you want to use for your product and use it to create the prototype
2. Gather the materials you will need for developing the prototype of your idea. It may be plastic, cotton, metals, textile, and chemicals.
3. Create a budget for the prototype so that you can save cost while still achieving your aim.
4. You can develop the prototype yourself or hire professional prototype designers, engineers, developers, etc.
5. Carry out extensive research to discover emerging technologies in the industry so that you can save cost.
6. Unleash your creativity into the prototype manufacturing to achieve your goal which is giving form to your great product idea.