Transistors are an essential part of electronic circuits. Because of their unique properties, they suit many different applications. However, our focus is on one of them – the 2N7002 MOSFET (Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor). The 2N7002 is a logic level N-channel MOSFET. Typically, it has a low current, voltage, and input capacitance. For this reason, it is a crucial part of power management applications. Here, we highlight the description, features, and other basics of the 2N7002 Datasheet.
2N7002 BRIEF DESCRIPTION
In brief, the 2N7002 is a type of N-channel MOSFET. Also, it is a logic-level gate drive source useful in reducing on-state resistance. In addition, the MOSFET has a small gate-to-source threshold voltage rated 2.1V. Therefore, it is ideal for 3.3V application circuits. This feature also means a high-switching performance. So, it is a ubiquitous part of compact applications.
(MOSFET showing the source, gate, and drain).
|Pin Number||Pin Name||Description|
|1||Source||Current moves out through the terminal of the source pin.|
|2||Gate||This gate is in charge of the biasing of the MOSFET.|
|3||Drain||Also, the current moves out through the terminal of the drain pin.|
- The 2N7002 has a Drain N-channel MOSFET with low on-state resistance (<5Ω)
- It has a drain pin source voltage of 60V.
- 200 mA is its continuous drain current.
- The max and min gates threshold voltages are 3V and 1V, respectively.
- Its turn OFF time and turn ON time are 8ns and 15ns, respectively.
Overall, there are three common alternatives. They are NTR4003, FDC666, and FDC558 MOSFETs.
2N7002 EQUIVALENT P-CHANNEL
The 2N7002 has two equivalent P-channels: the BSS84 and FDN358P MOSFETs.
OTHER N-CHANNEL MOSFETs
Other N-channel MOSFETs are BS170N, IRF3205, 2N7000, IRF1010E, and IRF540N.
(The typical structure Of N-Channel Mosfets)
- It is important in Low Voltage and Low Current switching applications.
- They are useful components of DC converters.
- Also, it is useful in power management applications.
- In general, it is essential in low on-state resistance systems.
- Finally, it is useful in mobility applications.
(A charging electric car as a mobility application).
The 2N7002 MOSFET is an N-channel MOSFET with a simple pin configuration. It is perfect for power management applications and small on-state resistance systems.
So, in the future, would you like to try out the 2N7002 MOSFET in a project? In any case, contact our team if you need any help or questions.