Flexible Printed Circuit (FPC) uses a highly reliable and excellent flex PCB material of polyimide or polyester film. Its properties include high wiring density, lightness, thinness, and flexibility.
Table of Contents
- 1. Flex PCB – Production process:
- 2. Flex PCB – Characteristic：
- 3. Applications:
- 4. Flex PCB – Ongoing Development:
1. Flex PCB – Production process:
Double-Sided Flex PCB
Cutting → Drill Hole → PTH → Electroplate → Pre-Processing → Dry Film → Check Position → Exposure → Development → Graphic Electroplating → Etching → Decorating → Surface Processing → Cover the film → Press → Solidification → Immersion Nickel → Printing character → Shear → Electrical Measurement → Punching → Final inspection → Packing → Shipment
Cutting → Drill Hole → Dry Film → Check Position → Exposure → Development → Etching → Decorating → Surface Processing → Cover the film → Press → Solidification → Immersion Nickel → Printing character → Shear → Electrical Measurement → Punching → Final inspection → Packing → Shipment
2. Flex PCB – Characteristic：
- Shorter Assembly Time: All lines are configured. Save the connection of redundant cables.
2. Smaller Volume: Effectively reduces the volume and facilitates transport.
3. Lighter: The weight of the final product is reduced.
4. Thinner: Increase Softness, Strengthen the assembly of three-dimensional executions in a limited space.
The thinner and lighter FPC effectively saves space while connecting the battery, microphone, and keys.
Computer and LCD screen
The Integrated Line configuration of FPC and its thickness turn digital signals into pictures displayed on the LCD screen.
Thanks to the Three-dimensional assembly of FPC, overall size can be reduced.
HDD (hard disk drive) and xe encapsulation component elements.
The wireless charging coil array concentrates the electromagnetic field in a particular area to reduce space transfer consumption, thereby improving the power conversion efficiency.
4. Flex PCB – Ongoing Development:
For FPC to expand its applications, further development is needed in the following areas:
1. The thickness of FPC must be further reduced.
2. Folding resistance. Bending is the inherent property of FPC. Improving its strength will require better substrates.
3. The price. Far more expensive than PCB. If the price of FPC decreases, the market will be much wider.
4, Manufacturing process: The FPC process must be further enhanced to achieve minimum aperture, line width, and spacing.