Flexible PCB Manufacturing uses a highly reliable and excellent flex PCB material made of polyimide or polyester film. Its properties include high wiring density, lightness, thinness and good flexibility which has been very popular in nowadays PCB Manufacturing Process. In this Page, you can see our professional services and capabilities of trying to meet your special requirements of boards.
Flexible PCB Service Features
- Flexible PCB was initially designed as a replacement for traditional wire harnesses.
- Very commonly used in many electronic applications.
- Unparalleled design flexibility
WellPCB Flexible PCB Prototype Manufacturing Service
We also provide flexible PCB and rigid-flex PCB assembly services that improve production time and quality.
Start prototyping in our facilities. You can then determine which materials and components are the most effective for large volume PCB fabrication runs.
It is not just our prototype-to-production manufacturing capacity and quality that makes us different: our technical, engineering, procurement and customer services give us a competitive advantage.
Flexible PCB Capability Overview
If you have flexible PCB design or flex printed circuit board needs, we will strive to meet your requirements.
- Layer: 1-4 Layers (Ultimate: 5-8 Layers)
- Tolerance of Finger Width: ±0.1 mm (Ultimate: ±0.05 mm)
- Min Distance between Pads: 4 mils (Ultimate:3 mil)
- The thickness of Finished Product（Flex part，no stiffener): 0.05-0.5 mm (Ultimate:0.5-0.8 mm)
- Type of Surface Treatment: OSP HASL, Lead-free HASL, Immersion gold, Hard gold, Immersion silver, OSP
- Impedance Tolerance: Single-Ended：±5Ω(≤50Ω),±10%(＞50Ω); Ultimate: Single-Ended：±3Ω(≤50Ω)，±8%(＞50Ω)
Click here to learn more about WellPCB Flex PCB Capability.
Benefits of Flexible PCB
- Reduced wiring errors
- Elimination of mechanical connectors
- Higher circuit density
- More robust operating temperature range
- Stronger signal quality flexible PCB
Flexible PCB Material
These materials enable the design and manufacture of increasingly complex circuits for greater functional capacity and miniaturization while maintaining high reliability through quality and consistency.
High quality and high-performance copper clad laminates and prepregs.
- ISO14001 (2004) ISO9001 (2008), Certified
- UL certified
- All products follow the IPC Standards
Flexible PCB Lead time
Usually 5-7 Days, then the delivery time often depends on the distance from China.
We can promise 98% On-time Delivery Rate based on all our former orders.
In the case of unforeseeable circumstances, we will work expediently to solve the problem.
8.1 Rigid-Flex PCB
8.2 Flexible PCB manufacturing process
8.3 Flexible PCB connector
8.4 Flexible PCB rototype
8.5 Flexible PCB design
8.6 Flexible PCB cost
8.7 DIY Flexible PCB
8.1 Rigid-Flex PCB
Rigid-Flex boards are composed of a combination of rigid and flex circuit boards that are permanently connected to one another.
8.1.1 Benefits of Rigid-Flex PCB
- The PCBs come with a host of benefits when used in both domestic, industrial and commercial applications. Rigid-flex PCB is preferred because:
- Allows you to manufacture or buy a board that fits into your device and so you don’t have to consider the specification of the board when making your device.
- It is light weighted, compact and reduced size.
- It is designed to fit any area. This is an important aspect especially when miniaturization is critical in designing devices. Also since it can be folded, it can suitably be used in smaller devices.
- Rigid-flex PCB does not have solder joints, contacts or connectors. This improves the integrity and reliability of the application.
- When used, fewer circuitry failures are expected.
- A rigid-flex PCB can withstand extreme temperatures because it has enhanced thermal stability and is made of polyimide which is superior. It makes them reliable and ideal for medical and military applications.
- Fewer materials are required when assembling them.
- They are both UV and radiation exposure resistant. They are also resistant to oils and harsh chemicals.
- Designed in such a way that they allow for surface mounting on either side of the board.
- They come in different layout which meets the customers’ requirements. They are robustly manufactured and can withstand shock, aggressive industrial conditions and vibrations.
8.1.2 What to consider when buying Flex-Rigid PCB
• It is difficult to buy flex-rigid PCBs especially if you are not a regular user. However, the following parameters can help you choose ones that can serve your purpose.
• Total number of PCBs needed- buying more PCBs is economical compared to just buying one or two. So if you are a regular user, ensure that you make bulk purchases to cut on costs.
• The amount of space – when the amount of space is limited, buying flex-rigid PCBs is recommended.
• Weight – the device in which the PCB will be used is critical. If you need a lightweight board, it is recommended that you buy flexible PCBs.
• Application’- rigid-flex PCBs are reliable, adaptable and could be used in areas where warping is required.
The flex-rigid PCBs have great features that make them best suited for a wide range of applications. Therefore, it is important that you consider what your circuitry design requirements are before choosing between rigid, flexible or flex-rigid PCBs.
8.2 Flexible PCB Manufacturing Process
♦ Double-Sided Flex PCB
Cutting → Drill Hole → PTH → Electroplate → Pre-Processing → Dry Film → Check Position → Exposure → Development → Graphic Electroplating → Etching → Decorating → Surface Processing → Cover the film → Press → Solidification → Immersion Nickel → Printing character → Shear → Electrical Measurement → Punching → Final inspection → Packing → Shipment
♦ Single Panel
Cutting → Drill Hole → Dry Film → Check Position → Exposure → Development → Etching → Decorating → Surface Processing → Cover the film → Press → Solidification → Immersion Nickel → Printing character → Shear → Electrical Measurement → Punching → Final inspection → Packing → Shipment
8.3 Flexible PCB Connector
Since the printed circuit can be inserted at an angle, the connector can be placed anywhere on a PCB that makes it possible to put other components in front of an FPC connector.
Flexible and flex-rigid PCBs are being designed more and more with the familiar ZIF interface, possessing a so-called ZIF contact (ZIF = Zero Insertion Force) for connection with a ZIF connector.
Hence, appropriate one-stop system solutions make sense.
8.4 Flexible PCB Prototype
- Standard flex Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) is responsible for many cases of circuit board failure. EMI causes about 50% of PCB prototype
- Two mil trace/space (copper thickness dependent)
- Single- or double-sided stack up
- 6:1 via aspect ratio
8.5 Flexible PCB Design
Before embarking on a flex circuit design, it is essential that a holistic overview of the project be taken. A circuit designer should attempt to take into account.
As many of the items discussed in the implementation section as are possible or relevant.
Minimizing the possibility that a gross and avoidable error will be carried through the design process.
It is also essential that the designer keeps in mind that flexible circuit designs require a balancing of both mechanical and electrical concerns.
8.6 Flexible PCB Cost
WellPCB Start to serve Flexible PCB Manufacturing with a very Competitive Price.
We have already finished the R&D of 1-4 layers flex and rigid-flex board and passed the test. We can provide some unique requirements of rigid-flex boards.
Almost all the companies posted here and they add a “tooling” fee. Others all depend on the manufacturing capabilities and quality.
We will always be stick to innovate and research more high-tech products, keep moving!
8.7 DIY Flexible PCB
Produce your single-sided flex circuits using a solid ink printer, copper-coated polyimide film, and conventional circuit board etching chemicals.
You will find flex PCBs inside most cell phones or similar miniaturized gadgets. Flex PCBs are useful for making tiny cables and extremely lightweight circuits.
However, few shops yet make custom flex PCBs for reasonable prices in small volumes.