How to make sure PCB Printing Properly
Under normal circumstances, the PCB design is printed indirectly on the board. It can be printed on glossy paper, magazine paper or photo paper. It is important that you make use of a photocopying machine or a laser printer for the PCB printing.
1.How to make sure PCB Printing Properly
1.How to make sure PCB Printing Properly:
1. Customize your desired circuit board that you will need for the PCB printing.
2. When you might have finished with the designing of your circuit board, you can then iron the design you have printed over the copper side of your PCB. This procedure will ensure that the ink is transferred as it should.
That is transferring the design that is on the glossy paper unto the PCB board. The work of the ink in this process is to cover and protect the copper part which is not supposed to be etched.
3. When you are through with transferring the ink unto the PCB board, you can then proceed to dip the PCB board into your etching solution such as ferric chloride for about 15 minutes.
4. Then go ahead and rinse the PCB board with water to clean out the solution used for the etching.
5. When you are through with the rinsing, make sure that you remove any residual ink with a thinner. This will enable you to reveal the copper part that was un-etched.
6. When you are sure that the ink is removed, you can now drill holes for your components which are needed to be soldered on the board.
7. The final action you have to do for your PCB printing is to solder in the components which you have designed unto the customized board.
Note that the solution used for the etching is only active when it is used with metal and not with ink. Therefore, you should transfer the ink unto the copper side of your PCB. This is to ensure that your desired pattern will be etched on the PCB board while the ink is a part wouldn't.