WellPCB Rigid-Flex PCB Service
- More Efficient Advanced Technology & Perfect Solution
- uperior Reliability and System Cost Savings
- Free Rigid-Flex PCB Quotation and Ordering System
SpecificationRigid-Flex Boards Capability
Build Time:5Days - 2Weeks
Thickness of Finished Product (Flex Part, No Stiffener):0.05-0.5mm (Ultimate:0.5-0.8mm)
Thickness of Finished Product(Rigid Part):0.2-6.0mm
Finished Copper Thickness:0.5-5 OZ
Min Tracing/Spacing:3mil / 3mil
Surface Finish:OSP HASL/OSP - RoHS
Lead / Lead Free HASL
ENIG / Hard Gold / Immersion Silver
Min Laser Hole:0.1mm
Min Drilling Hole Diameter:8mil
Stiffener (Only for PI / FR4 Substrate)
Rigid-Flex PCB Stack-Ups
Structures and Design
The manufacturing process is more complicated and time-consuming than rigid board fabrication. All the flexible parts of the rigid-flex have completely different handling, etching and soldering processes than rigid boards. But we will eventually carry out testing and quality inspection to meet high-quality requirements.
Rigid-flex PCB is preferred because:
- It is designed to fit any area. Since it can be folded, it can suitably be used in smaller devices.
- Rigid-flex PCB does not have solder joints, contacts or connectors. This improves the integrity and reliability of the application.
- A rigid-flex PCB can withstand extreme temperatures because it has enhanced thermal stability. It makes them reliable and ideal for medical and military applications.
- They can withstand shock, aggressive industrial conditions and vibrations.
- They are also resistant to oils and harsh chemicals.
- They allow for surface mounting on either side of the board.